INSTRUCTIONS for COMPLETION of APPLICATION FORM ONLINE:
1. Membership runs 1st November 2019 to 31st October 2020. The NEW MEMBERS' / LATE JOINING FEE MUST be paid by new Members, and/or anyone who has not renewed their previous year's Membership before 31st JANUARY 2019 (this is payable IN ADDITION to the relevant Membership Fee). Where a new or late Multiple/Joint Membership is being applied for, only ONE New Members'/Late Joining Fee is required. A separate form must be used for each membership package applied for, including joining/late renewal fees as applicable.
2. If you require any CHAPS Qualification Cards you MUST complete the reverse of this form IN FULL. Any animal requiring either a CHAPS Qualifier Card MUST be owned and exhibited by CHAPS UK "Showing" Members.
3. Applications arriving without the correct fees will not be accepted. Please allow 3 weeks for the return of your Membership information and /or Qualification Card(s) unless using the Fast-track facility. (Where the Fast-track facility is used, the FULL payment [Fast-track, Membership etc] MUST ALL be paid by PayPal, Postal Order, BACS or Cash; cheques are NOT acceptable.)
4. Memberships are split initially into two categories:
"SHOWING" (for those who [including Judges] wish to have the availability of CHAPS Qualification Cards to qualify for the CHAPS Championship Show, or any other relevant Finals offered to CHAPS Showing Members at other events; and
"NON-SHOWING" for those who [including Judges] either do not wish to compete, or who wish to compete but do not wish to take any qualifications [as above].
These categories are then sub-divided as shown below.
Please be aware that whilst all Membership categories will receive the Society Journal, "a World of Colour"; where a Multiple or Joint Membership(s) is/are taken out, only the lead member [minimum age 18 years] will receive this - and only the lead member is permitted to vote when the opportunity arises (eg at the AGM).
"AUXILIARY MEMBERSHIP" (NOT TO BE USED IN CONJUNCTION WITH ANY OTHER MEMBERSHIP PACKAGE) for those who wish to compete in Coloured HOYS qualifiers. An auxiliary membership with no frills: no journal, no handbook, no CHAPS Championship Show Qualifier Card, no CHAPS Championship Show, no right to vote or attend the AGM, no discounted horse registrations. Purely for HOYS entry. JMB copy required as (5) below.
Auxillary Membership fee also encompasses our Dressage Membership. Dressage Membership to allow you to compete at the Nettex Dressage Championship and the Dressage Classes at the Championship Show (not Dressage to Music)
5. A copy of valid JMB Height Cert MUST be submitted when applying for:
a) CHAPS Qualification Cards for RIDDEN Non-Natives 158cms or under/RIDDEN Native, Cob, Trads 148cms or under;
b) ANY Ridden "type" 158cms or under wishing to compete in CHAPS "Intermediate" qualifiers/Final